What is Chiropractic?
The word chiropractic comes from the Greek word “chiropraktikos” which means effective treatment of the human body by hand.
It is a wellness based healthcare system that focuses on maintaining and restoring the optimum function of the nervous system. Treatment involves using a variety of techniques to adjust the body and remove any interference to the nervous system thereby restoring health and balance in the body.
Techniques used include:
- Diversified Technique – Chiropractic adjusting technique
- Applied Kinesiology (AK) – Manual muscle testing diagnostic system that is used to evaluate the functionality of the body and your health.
- Neuro-emotional Technique (NET) – mind body technique addressing our response to emotions and stress in the body.
- Cranial Adjusting – gentle craniosacral corrections to the release dural tension
- Retained Neonatal reflexes (RNR’s) – a series of gentle corrections to allow integration of retained primitive reflexes.
- Metabolic testing
- Nutritional Advice
- Acupuncture/Dry needling – meridian system balancing and trigger point work
It is common to use different techniques in one treating session to provide the you with the appropriate care that will support your body in being restored to optimal functionality and recovery. From this point, your Chiropractor’s aim is to maintain your state of wellness to the best of his/her ability utilizing whatever technique is required to do so.